Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy new year

Happy new year to everyone. A nice way to start this new year is to wish you all the best for 2011. Have fun riding or upgrading your motorcycle(s), keep on waving other riders and stay safe.

On a personal note now, I still don't know what I'll be up to in 2011. While some personal things are certainly in the move (some still needing a lot of attention) and hence might definitely affect plans, everything closely related to motorcycles stay rather uncertain. 

Firstly because although a lot of efforts have been thrown in the '11S project, there's still so much to be done before the bike can actually be considered as ready for a track usage. Small issues here, pricey parts there, well you get it. It's been a bit more than a year now that I started the project and I must admit I'm not going as fast as I expected, but I'm determined to finish it as I want it. The huge leap forward from the past year is that it's now got proper papers and that's a big relief. As long as I've got ideas and plans for it (and trust me I do), the project will be (slowly) moving forward. As always, I'll keep you posted here.

Secondly, since I sold the Speed Triple back in early September, I'm still looking for another project bike. I can't seem to be able to make up my mind on which motorcycle to choose. Don't get me wrong, it's like I've been offered dozens of deals, but it's like I'm bored somehow. Time has come (I believe) that I don't seem to get excited by whatever new Japanese sportsbike anymore, so it's getting a bit harder to find a project that would make me stand out the crowd again. It's taking a bit more time than expected, but I'm pretty sure I'm soon going to find what I'm looking for.

Finally, I'm glad to announce that with this blog getting a little more attention that last year (and a little more that the year before), I'm considering to extend this blog experiment a little longer - let's try for another year.

No comments: