Thursday, March 7, 2013

Temp patch

One of the thing that needed fixing to put the Speed Triple in road trim was the front brake fluid reservoir. A new place was to be found since the standard mirrors had been removed. The right one was holding a bracket on which the reservoir was bolted. With the clip-ons on, there's a place on the right one designed to receive the brake reservoir, but it can only be used if the bike is also equipped with the Daytona front fairing bracket or else the reservoir will hit the speedometer while fully turning left.

Anyway, I know I said I would take some time to build my own bracket, but now the Speed Triple has to be in rolling conditions sooner that imagined so that the rear wheel nut can be fixed at the dealer shop. So here's what I did as a temporary patch.



Ugly, isn't ?

No comments: